St.Xaviers Forane Church, Karukutty
Archdiocese of Ernakulam, Angamaly
Karukutty.PO,
Ernakulam Dst, Pin : 683 576
Tel.: 0484 2612327
Email : vicar@karukuttyforanechurch.com
Educational Institutions

The first ever educational institution in and around Karukutty was established in the name of Sweet Heart of St. Mary’s Lower Primary School in the compound of the Parish Church in 1904. Rev. Fr. Zakharia Naganoolil was the Vicar at that time. To get more students to this school a ‘kudi-pallikkoodam’ (Asan’s school) of one Pynadath family was absorbed into the new school.

A School for girls was established in Karukutty in 1921  adjacent to CMC Convent, under the management of the CMC Sisters. In 1979 another High School for boys (Star Jesus High School, Karukutty) started functioning on the side of the N.H. 47, under the management of CMI Fathers. Establishment of these schools made great influence in the life of the people of this area.There is a Teachers Training Institute in Karukutty under the management of the CMC Sisters.